It’s the speed of his ascent that separates Dechert commercial real estate and financial attorney Kahlil Yearwood from the profession’s other bright stars. Just a decade ago, the California-born Kahlil was graduating from Berkeley Law, picking up an AmJur award for his work on corporate law along the way. He runs Dechert’s California commercial real estate practice and serves as hiring partner for the San Francisco office.
Before long, Kahlil was advising the likes of Prudential, Starwood and Wells Fargo on some high-profile commercial real estate matters. He acted for:
- Prudential in mortgage loan origination transactions totaling more than $1 billion;
- Starwood in multiple mortgage and mezzanine loan origination transactions totaling more than $1 billion;
- Wells Fargo in dozens of separate transactions totaling over $3 billion and secured by shopping centers, self-storage facilities, retail properties, office buildings and hotels throughout the United States.
Mr. Yearwood has received a number of awards recognizing him as an up and coming lawyer for Real Estate.
- “Rising Star,” Euromoney Legal Media Group, 2015
- “Recommended Lawyer”, The Legal 500 ̧ 2014
- “Lawyer on the Fast Track,” The Recorder, 2012
- “Northern California Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2010, 2013
- He was named to the prestigious 40 under 40 by the National Bar Association.
- He sits on the Board of Directors, Bay Area Urban Debate League;
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC);.
Kahlil Yearwood is a legal Mastermind. Kahlil’s knowledge of commercial real estate and finance is undeniable and his business style is bound to take him even further. Learn from him telling us about his journey to real estate law, deals, processes, and negotiation tactics.
[x_author title=”Host”] [x_share title=”Share this Post” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true”][/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][/cs_content]